Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Asko T701 dryer running LOUD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hcostanzo

hcostanzo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:57 AM

I have an Asko T701 dryer that is heating and drying fine, but running so loudly that I have to close the laundry room door to hear myself think in the kitchen. Also, it seems that I'm getting very little lint in the lint trap. I'm not sure if these symptoms are related, however they seem to have started around the same time. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

The exact type of noise can help identify what the problem might be: a squealy noise, thump-thump, etc. Best thing would be if we could listen to a video and then we could let you know what the cause probably is. If you can shoot a video with your camera and upload it to Youtube, that would be helpful. Otherwise, the only thing I can tell you is that you'll need to open it up and look for the bad actors.

#3 hcostanzo

hcostanzo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

Ok, I made a video of the dryer running with my husband trying to locate the source of the noise. . .

Hopefully the link works and helps describe my issue. Thanks!

#4 rwfisher

rwfisher

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

If it's like the 7005, there is a system of hard plastic ducting to vent the air from the drum through the fan and out the vent. The sections are friction fit...I wonder if they've pulled apart for some reason and are vibrating against the metal casing. Is any air coming out the vent?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,396 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:50 PM

Great video! Have you eyeball-confirmed that the drum is tumbling? Has that reminiscent sound of a motor spinning with a broken belt. Anyway, you're gonna need to open this puppy up and get some eyeballs on the guts-- the problem will no doubt be apparent. This manual will help you-- it's a Freaky Festivus present. Don't never say I never gived you nuttin'! ==> ASKO T700-Series Dryer Service Manual

#6 hcostanzo

hcostanzo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:27 PM

Yes, the drum is tumbling and is still drying clothes fine. Thanks for the manual. I guess we'll have to open 'er up and see what's up.

#7 rwfisher

rwfisher

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Wise man say beware the sharp edges of sheet metal.

#8 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:04 PM

Wise man say beware the sharp edges of sheet metal.

I think they were designed by ex-engineers from the Wilkinson Sword Razor Company :whistling:
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics