Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sub Zero 642 water dripping underneath

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davetoolin

davetoolin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bass Ale

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hello all, Thanks for the help earlier with my Sub Zero question in the thread below.

Having a new issue. I think very simple. Today heard water dripping in the fridge area. looked underneath and noticed a puddle and water dripping out of a hose.
I think I am missing the black plastic tray on the bottom that catches this water normally.

Looking to understand the theory behind this tray and water. I am guessing it has to do with defrost. The fridge goes into defrost mode every once in a while and water drips into that tray.
Then the water evaporates naturally before the next cycle??

Is this right??

Thanks

Dave

http://appliantology...__1#entry213741

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:58 AM

Yeah, there ought to be a pan there....where did it go? Things that make ya go hmmm..
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:24 AM

I am guessing it has to do with defrost. The fridge goes into defrost mode every once in a while and water drips into that tray.
Then the water evaporates naturally before the next cycle??

Is this right??

Thanks

Dave

http://appliantology...__1#entry213741

Sufficient water will evaporate before the tray can overflow. Either your tray came out when you moved it, your tube got out of position, or a leak in the tube/tray

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 18 December 2011 - 10:29 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 davetoolin

davetoolin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bass Ale

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:26 AM

The tray is missing. have a cookie sheet under there now.

Guessing I should get the right tray, but I looked in the service manual someone on this site sent me and there is no part listing for the drain pan. I see the drain pan heater,( which I guess helps the evaporation of the drain water process) but no pan?

Anyone know the number or where to buy it cheap.

Dave

#5 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,732 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:04 AM

Anyone know the number or where to buy it cheap.

Drip-Bowl-or-Drip-Pan-2120121--00991789.

Repairclinic has the picture but doesn't sell the part anymore...sears has the part but not the picture...

Now where's my Christmas present and don't go looking for something cheap neither

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics