Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

jcb1972

Maytag PAV2300AWW has bad snubber ring?

5 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I have a Maytag PAV2300AWW that is currently suffering from running severely off balance.

I have leveled the machine from side to side and back to back with the leveling leg lock nuts tightened to prevent them from moving. The machine will run off balance with loads that have been run with no problem in the past. I read somewhere that if you push the drum to a corner of the machine it should fall back to the center. Mine does not do this. No matter which corner I push it to it sticks there.

I read that this is the result of a bad snubber ring. I don't see the tale tale sign of white flakes underneath the machine. Does this sound like the machine has a bad snubber ring?

Thanks for the help!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Make sure all the springs are connected and intact. If so, then it's snubber time!

Thanks for the reply Durham. Yes, the springs are all connected and intact. At least it is a cheap fix!

Yeah....before you start your repair, get yourself some metal electrical outlet boxes (normal size like used in any standard outlet in your home) from home depot, lowes etc.. One for each of the springs. After case is removed, tip your tub in the opposite direction of a spring (to stretch spring as much as possible) then take a box, and slide the open side against the spring..Then when tub is lowered, the box will hold the spring in the stretched position and now the spring can slide right off. Do this for each spring. Then do your thing.