Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag PAV2300AWW has bad snubber ring?

Maytag PAV2300AWW snubber

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jcb1972

jcb1972

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hello all!
I have a Maytag PAV2300AWW that is currently suffering from running severely off balance.
I have leveled the machine from side to side and back to back with the leveling leg lock nuts tightened to prevent them from moving. The machine will run off balance with loads that have been run with no problem in the past. I read somewhere that if you push the drum to a corner of the machine it should fall back to the center. Mine does not do this. No matter which corner I push it to it sticks there.

I read that this is the result of a bad snubber ring. I don't see the tale tale sign of white flakes underneath the machine. Does this sound like the machine has a bad snubber ring?

Thanks for the help!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,775 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:06 PM

Make sure all the springs are connected and intact. If so, then it's snubber time!

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 jcb1972

jcb1972

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Thanks for the reply Durham. Yes, the springs are all connected and intact. At least it is a cheap fix!

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,775 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:41 PM

Yeah....before you start your repair, get yourself some metal electrical outlet boxes (normal size like used in any standard outlet in your home) from home depot, lowes etc.. One for each of the springs. After case is removed, tip your tub in the opposite direction of a spring (to stretch spring as much as possible) then take a box, and slide the open side against the spring..Then when tub is lowered, the box will hold the spring in the stretched position and now the spring can slide right off. Do this for each spring. Then do your thing.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

Some tips on the snubber dance ==> Maytag Performa washer dancing around and banging during spin cycle? You need to replace the snubber assembly. Some tips…

Part link ==> Snubber Ring

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics