Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Noisy bearings? Kitchenaid 4KUDC220T4

dishwasher noisy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 careh

careh

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:04 AM

Our older Kitchenaid dishwasher makes a loud intermittent (bearing like?) sound during its runs. The sound typically occurs every time at the end of a cycle when the motor is stopping. From time to time it also sounds during the wash cycle - and is pretty loud. After a while it may go away or not - it sort of has a mind of its own.

The unit washes the dishes just fine - so if it is an easy fix - I'd just as soon fix it - then replace it.

I saw on this site another post talking about how the bearings could begin to leak and that would be seen by water found under the motor. I took the front kick panel off and saw no signs of water. I recorded the sound and can email it to you if you send me an email address (the file is too large to be attached to this post). Attached is a picture of the bottom of the unit showing no evidence of water.

I wanted to know how to take off the top filter screen as there was mention in another post that crud could get in the food chopper mechanism so I included a picture of the inside of the unit with the spray arm removed. I've felt all around the bottom and can feel no crud - but if I am supposed to remove the top I can do so - just let me know what screws to remove.

Thanks for the help.

Hmm -only the first picture got posted so here is the one of the inside of the unit

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 careh

careh

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Here is a sound clip of the sound -At the beginning it says 'avs media demo' as I had to trim the audio clip to fit the site size limitation - but just after that the sound starts.

Attached Files

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,807 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:52 PM

I think you need to apply this technique:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics