Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

selivcp

Sears Kenmore 101902620

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get help from your community. I moved into an old house that has a Sears Kenmore Electric Cooking Center that is pretty old. The model number under the left burner says 101.902620. I attached a wire to an element that had fallen out (or deliberately taken out) and when I turned the stove back on, I heard a pop and lose all power to the stove and oven. I looked under the burners for the first time at that point and found some thick glass which might have come from a fuse? I am posting a pic in the hopes that someone can tell me what the area next to the model number is for. It looks to me like it would hold a fuse, has a metal piece on the end that is attached to a spring. I don't see how a fuse can go in there though. Please someone enlighten me, I would guess this unit is from the 1950's?

Here is what is looks like.

Thanks so much!

Peter

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

/bump

An appliance of that age is a safety hazard. I wouldn't try to repair one that old because of the wiring being old and brittle. The only way to make it safe and useable is to have it professionally restored.

MOST of the parts come up "We're sorry. This item is no longer available."

Cool, thanks for the input guys.