Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Sears Kenmore 101902620

stove electric fuse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 selivcp

selivcp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Guiness

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:49 PM

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get help from your community. I moved into an old house that has a Sears Kenmore Electric Cooking Center that is pretty old. The model number under the left burner says 101.902620. I attached a wire to an element that had fallen out (or deliberately taken out) and when I turned the stove back on, I heard a pop and lose all power to the stove and oven. I looked under the burners for the first time at that point and found some thick glass which might have come from a fuse? I am posting a pic in the hopes that someone can tell me what the area next to the model number is for. It looks to me like it would hold a fuse, has a metal piece on the end that is attached to a spring. I don't see how a fuse can go in there though. Please someone enlighten me, I would guess this unit is from the 1950's?

Here is what is looks like.

Thanks so much!

Peter

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 selivcp

selivcp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:10 AM

/bump

#3 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 25 December 2011 - 12:48 AM

An appliance of that age is a safety hazard. I wouldn't try to repair one that old because of the wiring being old and brittle. The only way to make it safe and useable is to have it professionally restored.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Havoc

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:What's on tap?

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

MOST of the parts come up "We're sorry. This item is no longer available."

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect or represent the views and opinions held by my employer. All data and information provided is for informational purposes only.

Big Brother

#5 selivcp

selivcp

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:48 AM

Cool, thanks for the input guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics