Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

paulaccardo

Whirlpool Washer (WTW4800XQ) Won't Spin

4 posts in this topic

Not Sure if this is the correct Model Number but after some searching on the web I found what looks close. Can't find the model number anywhere on the machine. The only clue is the words, "Fabric Sense System". This is a direct drive machine though.

Washer will fill, agitate and empty, but won't spin. When in spin, the Block Basket Drive turns slowly and jerkely. I can easily stop it with my hand. Is this a Spin Tube problem or a Transmision problem? Or something else?

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I don't believe the links provided above are relevant in this case. Sources indicate WTW4800XQ0/1/2 is a new-fangled VMW unit, not an "old-style" direct drive.

Wow I am a little out of touch I have never even seen that machine before

I don't believe the links provided above are relevant in this case. Sources indicate WTW4800XQ0/1/2 is a new-fangled VMW unit, not an "old-style" direct drive.

You are Correct, Brother Dado-- I just took Notyet's statement that this was a direct drive washer, in violation of the Golden Rule of Appliance Repair: Never trust customer diagnostics. I have removed my post and chastised myself with an industrial-strength scrotum scrubber.

Some background info on this machine:

Whirlpool Vertical Modular Washer (VMW), United Servicers Regional Training in Albany, NY

Read the comments, too.

The two most common problems are bad lid switch and bad mode shifter.

1 person likes this