Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Jenn-Air convection oven S176; how to remove convection fan assembly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ladd

Ladd

IkkĊ-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:28 PM

I'm looking for info on how to remove the convection fan assembly in my Jenn-Air S176 oven; it rattles when operating and I was figuring taking it out, fiddling with it and re-installing might solve the issue.

Unfortunately Samurai doesn't have a manual for this oven and the instructions for other Jenn-Air convection models doesn't appear to work with my S176. I've removed the three screws that hold the cover and the three screws that hold the backing plate, but the fan assembly doesn't come out as it supposedly does in other Jenn-Air models. It's not stuck, it's loose, but clearly not wanting to come out.

I've applied a little pressure but don't want to force things.

Any and all advice on this matter most appreciated.

Regards,

Ladd

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:22 PM

P/M'd manual 16000446
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics