Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Southern

Kitchenaid Dishwasher Chopper Delete?

10 posts in this topic

I have a Kitchenaid KUDP01FLSS6 dishwasher that twice a year I have to clean the crud (mainly seeds) from the chopper screen due to the dishwasher not cleaning the dishes properly. Once the chopper assembly is cleaned the dishwasher works great.

My question is can I remove the screen from the chopper assembly since the dishwasher is piped to my sink disposal? I see no advantage to chop the food up to run thru the sink disposal and by not having the chopper screen from getting clogged the dishwasher will keep the dishes cleaner longer.

My concern with removing the screen is that the motor impeller or discharge hose may plug up due to the larger crud being passed.

Any thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Solution - place debris in garbage can prior to loadong dishwasher - dishes in; seeds/debris out

Solution - place debris in garbage can prior to loadong dishwasher - dishes in; seeds/debris out

It would be easier to sell off my kids & wife.

… and remember, no matter what the salesman says,

it’s a dishwasher, not a garbage disposal. :whistling:

… and remember, no matter what the salesman says,

it’s a dishwasher, not a garbage disposal. :whistling:

My oldest son who is a Plumber tells me that the garbage belongs in the trash can not the sink.

twice a year I have to clean the crud (mainly seeds) from the chopper screen due to the dishwasher not cleaning the dishes properly. Once the chopper assembly is cleaned the dishwasher works great.

Any thoughts?

Replace the chopper, most likey the blade is not spinning and the mesh is clogging as a result. When you turn the chopper blade by hand, it should turn the pump if it is engaged properly.

Replace the chopper, most likey the blade is not spinning and the mesh is clogging as a result. When you turn the chopper blade by hand, it should turn the pump if it is engaged properly.

I believe that the chopper is working fine, it's just not capable of chopping seeds or broken glass. Once I clear the debris it wasn't designed to chop it works fine. My original question is if I remove the screen will I cause other problems?

Of course, the circulation pump is not designed to circulate Glass and Seeds either

It is just that the chopper screen will not clog if the blade is spinning...

Of course, the circulation pump is not designed to circulate Glass and Seeds either

Thanks, I will leave the chopper assembly intact. I will need to instruct my family to manually wash the juice extractor or to empty it of all seeds before tossing it into the dishwasher.

It is just that the chopper screen will not clog if the blade is spinning...

Is there a maintenance mode I can put my dishwasher in to verify if the blade is spinning while I have the cover off?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0