Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washer model 970C40042-00 won't fill or spin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 knollman

knollman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:wine

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:56 PM

hi, this washer will not let water into the machine. It will turn slowly as though it is washing (there is some water in it) but it will not spin, and it will not drain. Any suggestions on what I should be checking?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:20 PM

I would start bychecking the drain pump, as you say that it won't spin or drain. The Drain pump is accessable by removing the bottom fron pannel, from the machine, it will be on the right hand side of the washer at the front. it looks like part #35 in the diagram below. Be sure that there is nothing stuck in the black hose #41 coming from the outer tub to the drain pump. You will need a couple of towels to soak up the water that comes out of the machine, while checking this out. Also while your in there, take the top off ans check the hose #44, to be sure that it is clear also.Posted Image

Edited by Comstock_Services, 23 December 2011 - 04:21 PM.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#3 Tim M

Tim M

Kohai

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:13 PM

I don't think it is the drain pump. It seems like it never starts the cycle, not that it never finishes it. It usually spins slowly AS it fills, am I right? So apparently it is never getting past the filling up stage? Does this happen both when it is set on cold water and when it is set on hot water? If you tell it to cancel and drain, does it do so?

#4 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

or there could be a blockage, or a satisfied pressure switch... as there's some water in it but you gotta start somewhere, to figure out why it doesn't fill, rotate, or drain. A second thing comes to mind, are you using flood safe hoses as supply hoses?

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#5 knollman

knollman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:wine

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:02 PM

thankyou for your suggestions. I will check out your ideas and get back to you either way. I'm quite sure that I don't have flook safe hoses.

#6 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

Are you sure its filling? Do you hear the water rushing in till washer is satisfied? When you move the cycle to spin is the water pumped out and does it spin... Worst case make a video post it on you tub that makes it easier for us to diagnose it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics