Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Duet washer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff

Jeff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:20 AM

I have a Whirlpool Duet Washer  (GHW 9100 KW1)  that is about 1 year old.  It seems to be working fine except for an annoying scraping noise when you turn the drum.  It sounds like a coin or something metallic some how got behind the drum and is rubbing against it as it turns.  I'm not even sure if that is possible.  Can somone tell me where i need to look to locate and remove  the offending object?  Thanks for any help that can be provided.......Jeff

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,828 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

I've never had to access the tub area of one of these yet, so don't know if it's the same as other other front loaders.

The first thing is to remove any one of the three fins in the tub and see if there is an access hole under the fin. If there is, than you maybe able to determine or find the source of your noise without tearing the complete machine apart.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, but I looked at the fins and can't see a way to remove them short of damaging them.  Do you know how to remove them?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,605 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 May 2005 - 02:12 PM

If I were on the service call, I'd remove the back panel and try to locate the source of the noise visually.

#5 Lurker_Bell_*

Lurker_Bell_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

Had a repair man out last week for the same thing.  He said there's change stuck behind my wash tub.  I asked about getting it out.  He said it was a two man process to take the casing apart and would cost $150.  I asked if it would hurt the machine. He said No and that it may just  work it's way out and go down the drain.  I live with the clunk till I can find a cheaper way.

#6 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:24 AM

I'd check for a bra underwire through one of the tub holes, this will certainly cause the issue. I'm not sure on the exact procedure, but as Willie says, you may be able to remove one of the fins inside the tub. If you do, be VERY careful when poking around, these tend to have razor-sharp edges.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics