Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
WebISPGuy

Kitchen-Aide KEYE660WAL0 Dryer Not Heating well

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, my kitchen aide dryer very recently began to not heat as well. When it is running I can tell there is warmth in drum and good flow outside and all the vents are clear. I know this all electric dryer contains a heating element and cut offs, I am just not sure what to check since it is heating mildly. Any advice

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Model #?

Its a Model # KEYE660WAL0

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
Corrected model number and added it to topic title.

those are 0 but its cool. I would start by checking the exaust temps with the dryer vent disconnected. Second, with the dryer unpluged, check to be sure the heater isn't grounded out, a quick visual inspection, or with a vom meter will do. the heater is part number 17 below, then check the cycling tstat, part number 7 below. You will need to check the cycling tstat after the unit has cycled off the heater. IE get it hot then it should be open, closed when cool. Also check the high limit on the heater, closed, or continuty. Part number 15 below. also the thermal fuses part number 8. 00056867-00003.png

OR, is it that the Washer is no longer Spinning all of the water out ?

Dryer Vent
With an empty load, Timed Dry, High Heat, the vent temperature should cycle somewhere between 135F and 160F
Disconnect the Dryer Vent check the Vent air temperature at the back of the Dryer.