Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid built in oven KEBC107

KitchenAid KEBC107

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Syclone

Syclone

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 06:32 PM

Back when the time changed my wife attempted to reset the clock. She somehow has locked the screen but only with respect to the clock. We can use the oven just fine. Anyway, oven controls are all blank. Push clock and the correct time will display AND the word "start?" pops up over on the oven control side. Push cancel and the clock & "start?" both go away. If we just wait it will do it on its own. No amount of button pushing that I've found will allow the clock to display normally.

Side note: I thought that maybe she somehow activated Sabbath Mode but I can't get it to turn on of off either. Presumably it's in the off mode but with the door open as instruceted it won't let me do anything. Any button push just gets me 3 beeps is close succession.

As it happened we had a power failure a couple weeks ago for about 2 hours. Hoped that would help but no luck. Problem still exists.

Thanks.

Don

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

KEBC107

missing (4) characters at the end of model number
Do you have the tech sheets for Sabbath ON/OFF ?
Have you recently used Self-Clean ? :nono:

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Syclone

Syclone

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

Thanks for the reply,

Last digits are: KSS03

Sabbath mode works as far as I can tell. I can get it to say Sabb on and then off.

So the problem, stated differently is:

1) Walk up to oven ALL displays are off
2) Press clock and it shows the time and within a couple of seconds the word "start?" appears on the oven display. Push clock start and everything, including the clock, goes blank.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,768 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:05 AM

Not sure if you tried this as it's not mentioned in your post but have you cut power to the oven for at least 10 minutes to see if it will reset itself?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,768 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:31 AM

Push and hold the clock button for about 10 seconds and see what happens.

I've can't recall every hearing of Whirlpool doing this but I do know some of the Frigidaire's have the option of the clock not displaying except when you push the clock key, then it will go out after 5 to 10 seconds. The option to put it into and out of this
mode is to press and hold the clock key until it beeps or something, (about 5 to 10 seconds), toggles option on/off.

Can't hurt anything to try it.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KitchenAid, KEBC107

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics