Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

blufie

Kitchenaid kfis25xvbl refridgerator water leak defrost

6 posts in this topic

I have a new (9 months) Kitchenaid French Door fridge model kfis25xvbl that has developed and occasional water leak during the defrost cycle. It leaks from the front of the lower freezer drawer. I have not seen any leaks or water in the beer compartment so I have to assume that this is a defrost drain issue.

Problem is, they seem to have hidden the drain pan from me as I don't see one under the unit. So, in the interest of torpedoing this issue with one shot vs. spraying shrapnel all over the kitchen, does anyone have a diagram or pic of the defrost system and drain/pan placement I can use for targeting purposes?

Mucho domo gozaimasu for any assistance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Remove the compressor access panel to see the drain pan.

Remove the evaporator panel to access the defrost drain outlet.

Thaw it with a hair dryer.

Post your model number in the parts search box above your post to view exploded diagrams of your refrigerator.

the model is in the body of the post....

To clear this drain, you have to remove the drawer, the icemaker(if equiped) and the rear wall of the freezer.

To remove door, you may have to drill out 2 small rivets, on the rails, left and right ,really close to where the rails meet the liner of the drawer.

After you drill em out, lift up on the handle and remove the drawer front/rail mount asm.

Dismount i/m and remove rear wall. Clear frozen drain and pan with steamer, hair dryer or similar tool...

Be sure and wear some gloves digging around that evap coil...sharp!

the model is in the body of the post....

It is also in the Thread Topic.

He asked for a diagram.

I told him how to find it by posting his model number in the search box above his post.

Did I do something wrong.

No you didnt do anything wrong Jumptrout, your fine. W0809068-00010.png

Did I do something wrong.

Quite the contrary, my intrepid Jumptrout...I just misunderstood ya mah bruva!