Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

CM302US Thermador Double Oven F34/64 Problems

Thermador F34/64

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

Okay. Im working on one of these. Original problem was the upper oven throwing F34. Tried reset. Tested out air paddle microswitchs. One of the switches tested flaky for me. Cust wanted to change out the fan also. I come back to reinstall the fan and switches. Cust informs me now that the bottom oven is malfunctioning and wants the lower oven fan changed out. I order parts, return, install and test. Tests fine.

On christmas eve, cust calls me and informs upper oven is throwing the same error code. I go out and check the air paddle switches. Both still fine. Fan air flow fine. Still throwing F34 on the upper oven. Before it does though, it does manage to pre heat a tiny bit. Maybe like the 5th or 6th try after messing with the switches, it doesn't throw the error code. Heats up just fine. Its already sitting at some higher then ambient temp though.

So, can anyone tell me if the microswitch's connect to the clock or to the relay board? Im guessing its one of those thats bad, because everything else is brand new! The wiring diagram wasnt in the oven, and Im having a hell of a time finding service info for it.

Im going to go back and trace wires, Im just trying to do ALL my homework. This is what I get for trusting error codes!

It seems like to me, that you can order individual relays for the relay board from thermador. Any info at all is appreciated.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:21 PM

And btw, after it cooled down, it started throwing the F34 error code again.

#3 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

So, I have it all figured out. Can I delete this topic now please?

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

So, I have it all figured out. Can I delete this topic now please?

better yet, leave this topic here, and post the solution ...
I do have some CM302US stuff, but previously, I was eating at Wendy's and they don't allow access to my files at mediafire.com :(

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:31 AM

Post the repair so others can benefit from it!

PMed you the training manual for this range.

#6 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

I haven't been back yet. Ill be back on thurs or fri. Im thinking the upper oven problems are either being caused by loose connection to display, or broken solder joints on p5 on the display according to the diagram, p6 according to the troubleshooting. Also, theres an air switch on the top oven m/w fan witch thats wired in series with the left bottom air switch, So, if all my switches are good, and all my circuits are good, and my solder on the board is good, yada yada. Then the board is bad.

I never realized there was an air switch on the micro cooling fan.

So, when I go back, Ill find out and let you guys know.

Edited by RussTech, 28 December 2011 - 09:27 PM.

#7 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:40 AM

Im going back to this tomorrow. I dont have my dolly yet. But Ill figure something out. Anyways. Thanks for the service manual, it really is a lifesaver. Ill let you guys know what happens.

#8 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

I went back on this today. Started cold, erred out. checked air paddle on micro fan tested good. Solder points looked good but I wasnt able to get the best look at them. Display is hard to get off. Tried running again. Erred out. Connections on m/w air paddle seemed loose. Crimped em on tight. Tryed running again. Ran fine.

Still though, at a higher then ambient temp. And the m/w air paddle connections were not that loose. I waited 30 mins with the oven door open, and tried again. Ran fine. Im still suspicious though.

I did not test for 18vac to 24vac running too the switches. I have no excuse.

#9 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

I got to visit this sweetheart for one last battle. My customers dont cook very much apparently. Anyways, pulled her all the way out. Tested voltage on the airswitch circuit. Voltage was good. Jumped out the airswitch circuit. Oven ran fine. Finally had good access to the M/W airswitch. Tested flaky! Replaced. Ran fine. Finally!

Lesson learned. If you replace one microswitch on a super expensive oven, replace em all! 3 out of 3 were bad on this guy. 1 entirely, 2 flaky. They worked, it just wasnt steady.

Im going back on friday to work on this Viking Downdraft vent hood that they have. And Ill retest everything on the thermador. But Im pretty sure I got her.

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:38 PM

Outstanding job superbly executed, Brother RussTech! And mucho domos for sharing the details of the repair. This is great wisdom, indeed, on the microswitches, especially since they're all right there in the same neighborhood.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thermador, F34/64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics