Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

growmoreflowers

Can I repair boot/diaphram seal on samsung wf210anw?

8 posts in this topic

Our new Samsung front load wf210anw washer has a half moon chunk (size of half a nickel) torn off the door seal. As luck would have it, the chunk came out of the bottom, center of the seal. Of course! We really aren't sure how it happened, as the o-lineman who inhabits sour son's body came home for the holidays and promptly began washing. Is it possible to repair the seal? I have missing piece. O wise gurus of appliantology, please advise.....

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You could, but then would you risk your hardwoods/floors soaked if the patch were to fail? Not to mention if and when it does fail it'll take out other electrical machine components located on the bottom of the machine as well. So not worth the price of the part methinks...... just my .02$ After the repair put up a big sign that says, "PLEASE CHECK YOUR POCKETS BEFORE STARTING A LOAD."

I have tried this trick before, as a temporary fix till I could get a new boot...

Take a piece of very tacky duct tape and apply about a 3" piece on the back side of the lip. The edge the tape should run to the top of the lip, but not over it.

Take the missing piece and careful return it to is rightful place.

Of course, clean and dry the lip well before starting for max adhesion..

This is only a temp fix and you will still need to put a towel down as it will prolly dribble a bit...

Thanks for the replies. Will have to find a new one soon....laundromatic visits are a screaming pain.

Will have to find a new one soon

Click on the link above and get it on order

Click on the link above and get it on order

NOW!!!

I think the chunk missing from the lower lip of the boot is cause by something being pinched between the seal and glass when the washer was loaded. When the basket starts moving, the item is pulled in and takes a piece of seal with it.

Your son probably wasn't carefull when loading it, or put in way too much clothing. Typical youthful blunders.

Nick