Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Triton GSD6200J00BB Draining, cleaning problems.

Not draining Upper rack not cleaning

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tcb2001

tcb2001

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:15 PM

8 year old unit plugged up, cleaned out several times, still plugs up after 2 or 3 uses. Replaced drain hose after it made a clicking sound while draining, no change. Upper rack items also aren't getting clean, and or rinsing well. What part could be the problem? I've looked at the forums and haven't found an answer. Don't want to replace parts in a process of elimination.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Take a look here: http://appliantology...on-dishwashers/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 tcb2001

tcb2001

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

Might be dumb question, but does it matter that the 6200 isn't mentioned in the bulletin?

Could this also be the cause of the poor washing on the top rack?

#4 tcb2001

tcb2001

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

Another question would be that the unit has worked well until the last few months, should it really need this kit or could it be something else?

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,160 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

The bulletin doesn't quite apply to your model-- you don't have the piston check valve or an auxiliary pump, but you do have a couple flapper check valves to check out.

Posted Image

Also, make sure you're not dealing with a lazy pump that isn't moving the water out fast enough and so gookus can tend to build up at the choke points.

#6 phydeauxe64

phydeauxe64

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:"Double D" Turbo Coffee

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

Do you hear water spraying inside? If you're just hearin a humming noise but no water spraying it could be the pump motor has locked up. Not to worry though this usually happens when the dishwasher sets unran for too long. To check remove toe and kick panel from lowere front use 2 screwdrivers and work the motor back and forth till it frees up then turn unit on to see if you hear water spraying.

Edited by phydeauxe64, 06 January 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#7 phydeauxe64

phydeauxe64

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:"Double D" Turbo Coffee

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

When I say work the motor back and forth I mean insert 1 screwdriver in 1 side of the fins on the motor the other screwdriver on the other side of fins of motor turn motor clockwise til it gets tight then go back counter clockwise you'll feel it free up as it'll be easier to turn,once you free it up try running it to see if it is spraying water. By the way MAKE SURE you turn off power first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics