Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag Neptune MAH6500AWW

Adirondack Bob

I am a little confused on how do the Motor Control test on a Maytag Neptune FL Washer Model# MAH6500AWW. Master k-dog graciously sent me the service manual #16010061.This is copied right from that manual:

Motor & Motor Control Test

1. Set the timer knob into the delay increments.

2. Press the push-to-start switch to start the

washer in the delay mode. Confirm the

delay light is ON.

3. Check for 120 VAC between the L and N

terminals (black wire no.27 and white wire

no. 13) on the motor control board. If not

present, check wiring between the machine

control and the motor control

boards.

4. Unplug the washer power cord. Test cord

to the same board terminals.

5. Remove JP4 Interface connector wire harness

on front end of motor control board.

6. Plug the washer power cord into a 120 VAC

power source. The motor control will immediately

execute a test routine and the

motor should run, rotating the spinner at

50 rpm.

Starting at step 4 is the cunfusion: i think it is an incomplete sentence. Do I take a test cord and plug it into those same terminals? Then at step 6 it says to plug the washer power cord in, not the test cord. Thank You, Bob

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adirondack Bob

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• RegUS_PatOff

• kdog

Top Posters In This Topic

4. Unplug the washer power cord. Test cord

I thinlk it should say:

4. Unplug the washer power cord. OHM cord

• Team Samurai

I thinlk it should say:

4. Unplug the washer power cord. OHM cord

Ezzacly right, Brother Reginald. All they're doing in this step is eliminating the power cord as a source of power interruption problems.

O.K.- Complaint is random LR code. Went to customers today and ran the Service test 4 or 5 times and it passed every time. Customer said this LR code started about six months ago and at first they could Stop/Re-Start it and the cycle would continue.Now it shows up more often and getting harder to clear. I tugged/un-plugged/plugged back in literarly EVERY wire in this machine and did not find anything loose. Then ran another service test and it passed again. I told him to run it through the weekend and call if LR shows again. If the LR code comes back, should I order Motor and Motor Control Board? Thank You, Bob

Does it already have the newer style Motor and Conroller ?

How old is this Washer ?

Thanks Reg, The date of purchase for this washer is 1/08/05. The serial number is 36969141EV. I am pretty sure that this is the first service call ever on this washer.

Yes I did. No tell tale splatter, and I gave the tub a good hard spin by hand. Surprisingly, quiet as a mouse.

• Team Samurai

Absent any mechanical binding of the drum, then the LR code indicates a problem with the motor or motor control board. ==> Motor and Control Module

Does the drum rotate at 50 RPM when you do the basic motor function test?

***Does the drum rotate at 50 RPM when you do the basic motor function test?***

I know that was the the first question I asked, but no. :fouetaa::deal: This washer was running when I got there. I only did the Service Test....