Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Bravos 300 Quiet Series MVWB700VQ0 - Banging Drum

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Not_A_Repairman

Not_A_Repairman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hello all. My samurai skills are weak when it comes to washers and dryers so I come here today to be schooled and get a little help.

Above series of washer is less than three years old and has been running great. The other day developed a banging sound in the front left corner between what seems to be the drum and outside metal case. It did this with a very small load and it was not out of balance. I did open the washer and redistribute the clothes so to eliminate that as a cause.

Also, any one have a manual/schematic or other document showing how I should take this thing apart to investigate?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:15 PM

Some insight here: http://appliantology...-replace-guide/
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Not_A_Repairman

Not_A_Repairman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thanks for the help. Finally got it open, stubborn little clips.

Again, the banging sound seemed to come from the front left area. I don't see any signs of it actually hitting there and the suspension rods and bushing look fine all the way around.

The only thing I did find was the "padding" on the inside of the metal container had about a 1" worn spot where I could tell the drum had been hitting. It essentially is the same area the noise was coming from. Does anyone else think that could be the culprit? What do I replace that with? Can I use anything a little thicker?

Aside from loads being unbalanced, what else could cause the drum to say enough to wear out that padding?

#4 Not_A_Repairman

Not_A_Repairman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Ok, put some weather stripping over the spot that had previously thinned up a little. Obviously the problem was not solved, only a bandaid applied. Started it back up and ran fine for a few minutes and the sound started again. Opened the lid and started tugging around a parts. When I tugged on the suspension rod it made the same sound I had been hearing, it's the suspension rod chattering back and forth in its little plastic housing. I'm thinking that is the part listed below. Can anyone confirm this?

http://www.repaircli...mber=MVWB700VQ0

#5 Not_A_Repairman

Not_A_Repairman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

Next update, load finished and I was able to look at the piece that the rod is suspended from. It is this part, http://www.repaircli...mber=MVWB700VQ0. It doesn't look torn up or broken or anything but for some reason when it agitates it makes a grinding/chattering noise. I will run another small load tomorrow and investigate again.

#6 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

They have an improved version of the suspension rod kit. The new kit adds a bushing under the ball sockets instead of just grease on the metal chassis. This will make it more stable and quiet.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#7 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

Link to Suspension Kit

http://www.repaircli...mber=MVWB700VQ0

Suspension-Rod-W10189077-01074102.jpg

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#8 Not_A_Repairman

Not_A_Repairman

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:24 PM

Thanks. I was waiting on the suspension ball kit to come back in stock and just noticed, and confirmed with their live chat, that the suspension rod kit also includes the suspension balls. Hopefully this will take care of he noise.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

Upgraded tub suspension rod kit for Whirlpool Cabrio, Kenmore Oasis, and Maytag Bravo washers

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 04 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

If you're having problems with a noisy tub suspension in your Cabrio/Oasis/Bravo washer, listen up:

They have an improved version of the suspension rod kit. The new kit adds a bushing under the ball sockets...

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics