Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Performa will not power on Model #PYE2300AYW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aimee Zaragoza

Aimee Zaragoza

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

As stated I have a Maytag Performa PYE2300AYW dryer. The dryer will not power on. The pigtail was properly secured and there were no scorched/melted pieces on the cord.

I have tested the following with a Multimeter, and have determined that all are (should be) functioning properly:
Thermostat
Thermal Fuse
Heating Coil
Door switch

My dryer does not have a separate start switch, instead the start switch is part of the timer knob. I'm unsure exactly what terminals to test on the switch, but I do not believe it to be the problem because I had an extra knob with which I replaced it. It is possible that both switches were bad, but I truly don't believe that's the case. I'm still open to retesting though if someone can tell me exactly what terminals on it I need to test.

There was an excessive amount of dryer lint in the dryer, which is why I initially thought the problem would've been a thermal fuse/thermostat due to overheating. I believe there is a bad seal in the vent system which caused the lint buildup. The dryer was not excessively hot, nor did it have any problems drying clothing or making any noises I recall. I have inspected as much of the dryer as I can without removing the drum. I haven't discovered any melted or scorched wiring, however I can tell there is still a bit of dryer lint around the motor area. I plan to remove the lint and replace the seals in the vent system before I put the dryer back together.

That's all the information I can think to include. Thank you all for any assistance you can give me.

The dryer is still in pieces, and I will be more than glad to supply pictures if needed. Thanks again!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

You get no buzzing or anything when you press the timer knob?
Heres a link to the wiring diagram.
http://appliantology...wiring-diagram/

Why did you replace the timer the first time?

Edited by RussTech, 02 January 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,844 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Have you verified that you have a valid power supply at the terminal block on the dryer?

Posted Image

Next, you graduate to live tests. The first test is to see if you're getting 120vac on the purple wire from the timer to the motor when you press the start button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics