Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

blown fuse twice in three days GE Monogram dishwasher ZBD6880K10SS

fuse dishwasher GE ZBD68

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 rlw

rlw

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

My dishwasher won't turn on. The service guy was here three days ago and replaced a thermal fuse (non-resettable). The dishwasher won't turn on again, so I turned off the breaker, disassembled the door, and checked continuity across the fuse - it's dead again.

What could be causing the fuse to blow? I don't know if this dishwasher had the recall fix installed - we just moved into the house 2 months ago. How do I check?

Also, the bottom of the dishwasher is full of water - I don't know if that's because the fuse blew and cutoff the dishwasher mid cycle or if there's something jamming the drain and/or pump.

TIA,
-Robert

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

... service guy was here three days ago and replaced a thermal fuse (non-resettable).

do you have a part number ?
OR location on diagram ?
Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

not aware of any thermal fuse on this model, nor can i find one on the breakdown...
did the tech tell ya the part #?
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#4 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:54 PM

not aware of any thermal fuse on this model, nor can i find one on the breakdown...
did the tech tell ya the part #?

The thermal fuse is added as part of the safety recall, which means this dishwasher was serviced for a potential fire hazard. There should be a green dot near the serial number added when the recall service was done. Part number for this "TCO Shield Kit" is WD35X10354X, but is listed as not available. Inspect the control board for overheating -- this may be why the TCO is tripping! Contact GE!

Edited by Chat_in_RI, 02 January 2012 - 04:56 PM.

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#5 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:01 PM

thanks for that chat...was not aware of that.
ge factory does the recall crap in my area...
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

GE Top Control Dishwasher Recall
and Installation Instructions for
TCO Shield Kit WD35X10354X
2010_Top_Control_Dishwasher_Recall.pdf

Dear GE Customer Care Servicers,
On October 26, 2010, GE announced a Product Safety Recall on a limited number of GE Profile and GE Monogram branded dishwasher models.
This voluntary recall is the result of the determination that water condensation can drip onto the electronic control board during
normal wash operation, causing a short circuit and resulting in an overheated connector.

To eliminate this risk, we will install a thermal cut-off with fiber shield over the control board.
If the dishwasher appears to be non-repairable, follow your normal process and call the Technical Assist Group at (502)452-4700.

Coverage Period: No end date
No charge for labor
No charge for TCO shield kit

GE will provide a free repair to all consumers with units affected by the recall.
Consumers who wish to replace their dishwasher with a new model can use a GE rebate of $200 for the
purchase of a new GE Profile dishwasher or a GE rebate of $400 for purchase of a new GE Monogram dishwasher.
Details and forms are on our website www.geappliances.com/recall or at our retailers.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

Yeap, that's the one...
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

GE Top Control Dishwasher Recall and Installation Instructions for TCO Shield Kit

By Samurai Appliance Repair Man in Samurai Appliance Repair Man's Blog, on 02 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Here it be in case you need it. Courtesy of GMF Reginald:

GE Top Control Dishwasher Recall
and Installation Instructions for
TCO Shield Kit...

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics