Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

F15 Code on Electrolux EW30DS65GS5

Electrolux range F15 code

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cordrayl

cordrayl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced Tea

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hoping to find the problem with my $2500 campstove--err, I mean Electrolux dual fuel slide in range with Wave-touch controls. EW30DS65GS5

1st range was purchased in July 2009 and was replaced under warranty in March 2010 because of an issue with a burner on the stovetop. In early Nov. 2011, the range shut off and flashed the F15 error code. Called Electrolux. They said to cut the power from the breaker for a while so that the range could reset itself. Did that, range started working again. Then, the day before Thanksgiving, the range shut off, flashed the F15 error code, and wouldn't come back on. Until this point the beeping sound the range made when it flashed the error code was at a normal volume, this time the beeping was barely audible.

Called the repairman. He replaced the electronic control board. Still got the F15 code with barely audible beeping noise. Next he replaced the touch panel (control assembly?) and the wiring harnesses between it and the control board. No change. Today he came and replaced one of the thermal fuses. Not sure which one--he told me there were two. No change. Then he told me that he had no idea what was wrong and that I should call someone else. I've googled this problem and everything that is suggested has already been done to my range.

As a side note, I used the self clean feature the day before it died. Not the first time though--I self cleaned probably once every 3-4 months.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

P.S. Saw a thread about this when I googled the problem, but couldn't find that thread once I was in the forum. If I've started a new thread where I shouldn't have, my apologies.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

“My Rules”:
Rule # 1) Don't ever use Self-Clean on any Oven.
Rule # 2) If you're thinking about using Self-Clean, see rule # 1.
Self-Clean uses nearly 1000F for 3 hours or more. burnin.gif
That can wreak havoc on Electronic Controllers and Connections.

F15 Controller self check failed or terminal cutoff open.

1) if the oven controller displays an F15 error code and the ESEC controller displays an E15 error code at the same time,
this is a strong indication that the safety thermostat (thermal cutoff) inside the front console opened.
The primary reason for a safety thermostat to open is a deficiency of the cooling fan.
With a ohmmeter, verify if the thermostat tripped.
Reset the thermostat is needed and verify operation of the cooling fan.
Note: the safety thermostat, when open, cuts AC power to the oven relay board
(connector J4, pin 1 and 3) and the ESEC relay board (connector J1, pin and 3).

2) An F15 error code on the oven controller may indicate the oven controller is not receiving a synchronization signal from the relay board.
One easy way to determine this is to power off the unit, power it on and start a Timer for 1 minute before the F15 error code appears.
If the timer counts-down normally then the synchronization signal is okay.
If the timer stays at 1:00 and does not countdown, then the synchronization signal is missing.
If the synchronization signal is missing, check first if the oven relay board is receiving 120VAC correctly (J4 pin 1 and 3).
Then check the wiring between connector J2 on the relay board and connector P16 on the oven controller.
If AC power and wiring looks good and the problem is still there, replace the relay board.
If problem persists, replace the oven controller.

3) The F15 error code may be caused by an oven controller failure.
If the safety thermostat and synchronization signal have been verified and tested good, replace the oven controller.

Thermal switch. *Push red button to reset.
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1380074

Thermal-Fuse-318004902-01064705.jpg

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 cordrayl

cordrayl

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced Tea

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks for the reply.

No E15 error code, just F15. From what I understand, the Electronic Surface Element Control (ESEC) is only on models with an electric cooktop. I have an electric oven but a gas cooktop. Please correct me if I misunderstand.

I powered off the range, turned it back on (with a long time between the two so that the range had ample time to reset), then set a timer before the F15 error code appeared--accidentally for 1 hour instead of one minute. No matter, the timer functioned properly.

The oven controller and the EOC board have been replaced by a pro, so unless the installation is bad, that didn't solve the problem either.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again!

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,808 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:20 AM

The oven controller and the EOC board have been replaced by a pro,

The controller is looking for a synchronization signal from the relay board ==> http://www.repaircli...6443916/1379738

If it's not finding it, then it will throw an F15 error. GMF Reginald posted the procedure for determining if the synch signal is missing:

One easy way to determine this is to power off the unit, power it on and start a Timer for 1 minute before the F15 error code appears.
If the timer counts-down normally then the synchronization signal is okay.
If the timer stays at 1:00 and does not countdown, then the synchronization signal is missing.

Check that and let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics