Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LTF7000ES0 Affinity Washer Heating element replacement

heating element replacement

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jones0333

jones0333

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

I was getting error 68 on my washer and checked my heating element as previously mentioned on one of your forums. It was reading open so I bought the replacement part and installed it but it is leaking around it now. Can you tell me if I should have put some kind of silicone around it to seal it or is there a secret to installing it so that it will not leak? I am single mother just trying to get washer repaired and the part didn't come with any instructions. thanks for any help

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Make sure you have that center nut tightened up goodntight. Also, make sure the gasket isn't wrinkled or puckered. When these are properly installed, they don't leak a drop. Take another crack at it, you'll get it. :thumbsup:

#3 jones0333

jones0333

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

Is this supposed to actually screw into anything? Am I supposed to separate the black piece from the metal and make sure it installs good first? I am sorry to ask so many questions just concerned I might not be doing something correct.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:43 PM

The heating element is held and sealed to the tub by compressing the rubber gasket between the two metal mounting plates of the element. When the nut in the center of the element mounting plate is tightened, the two metal plates are drawn together compressing the rubber gasket.

Here's a photo of a new one:

Posted Image

Source ==> http://www.repaircli...mber=LTF7000ES0

Post a nice, clear photo of your heating element so I can get a good look-- may be able to see what you're doing wrong.

#5 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

When you turn the screw it pulls on the back plate expanding the rubber to form a seal... Wow I should right user manuals :woot:

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

There it is. Ding, ding, ding! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics