Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
thirdparty

Ice Dam! in Subzero 650/F

5 posts in this topic

I removed the bottom drawer from the fridge and found a 4 in. thick ice dam behind the drawer. I chipped it all out and found this the next day:

w9xojt.jpg

This is a view from the front looking to the back on the bottom shelf, just above the freezer.

The tube looks like a drain and also is frozen. Where is the water coming from? The melt from defrosting or the ice maker?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

So this leak is in the beer compartment, not the freezer, correct?

You're gonna need the drain heater kit which you can only get thru SZ or one of their special binny boys-- they like to do that so they can capture those profits from parts sales.

Drain-Heater-4201290--00559937.jpg

So, I guess my drain is freezing and overflowing...

Is this a reasonably easy install or do I have to move the whole fridge? The last fridge repair on my GE involved replacing all of my thermistors. I am pretty handy and need excuses to buy new tools!

Thanks for the quick reply.

So, I guess my drain is freezing and overflowing...

Ezzacly.

Is this a reasonably easy install or do I have to move the whole fridge? The last fridge repair on my GE involved replacing all of my thermistors. I am pretty handy and need excuses to buy new tools!

Piece of pie. You'll have to remove the back panel to get access to the wiring harness. Locate the wires to the defrost heater, find a molex connector in the defrost heater harness close to the condensate drain and clipy-snapy the drain heater kit in.

supcodefrostdrainheater.jpg