Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

clattin

Oops! Moved my GE Washer....now grinding during agitating! GE WHDRE526E1WW

6 posts in this topic

Dang....I moved into my new house and moved my washer (top load) and forgot to secure the tub when I moved....duh! Anyway, now its making a terrible grinding sound during the agitation phase....which is very agitating. Sorry, couldn't pass that up!

Am I SOL or is there something I can adjust/replace?

Thanks!

Chris

GE Model #WHDRE526E1WW

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could just be that the motor popped out of place, and is sitting on the wrong side of the bracket that normally surrounds it. Seen that quite a bit from people moving them. Open up the front and take a look, if that's the case it will be pretty obvious.

Hmmm...Ok, I've taken the front cover off and it appears as though the whole tub mechanism just "floats" inside the cabinet? I see a bracket mounted to the floor of the cabinet with what appears to be a whole that would allow the tub to attach to this bracket, but there's no screws laying in the bottom of the cabinet. Should there be two long screws that attach the tub assy to these brackets or maybe one long screw that goes from one bracket to the other and the tub assy connects to it? I've looked at the parts diagrams and its not clear to me.....no loose parts in the bottom of the cabinet.

Thanks!

Chris

Yes, it is supposed to just float. Nothing should be attached to the bracket on the bottom, but the motor should be on the inside of the bracket.

Got it figured out....one of the suspension arms at the back of the tub had become disonnected from the bracket at the base of the tub......hooked back up and good as gold.

Thanks for your help!

Chris

Thanks for the reply on how you got it fixed.