Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

milkman

Maytag SAV5910 AWW Leaking - How do I get past removing the inner tub?

10 posts in this topic

Leaking is almost certainly at the plastic tub seal.   However, I can't get the "flange" that the stainless steel tub is mounted on to budge.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You need a spanner wrench.

This spanner wrench would appear to be a special design that is machined to fit the pattern on the top of the hub.   Will a "regular" spanner wrench damage this hub?   Shouldn't I be able to accomplish the same thing by putting the four bolts and the stainless tub back in place and using the tub as my leverage?   It doesn't appear to do so!    I see that it is not really a special design, other than dimension.   Does the removal of this hub require a hammer to move the wrench, as well as the wrench?  

Yes, it's specially designed to fit that nut. It is designed to be used with a hammer to tap the nut loose.

Samurai, that looks lots like an Amana/Speed Queen washer....

When did Maytag buy out Amana/Speed Queen or I'm I totally mistaken?????

Maytag bought 'em out 2 or 4 years ago.  I remember when it happened, Maytag announced that the monthly service subscription CD would start including Amana stuff. 

This washer is a piece of garbage. tons of middle seal failures. call maytag and bitch, tell them that you went online and found out a lot of people are having the same problems. it cant hurt.

:cool:  

About 4 years ago, I was still at S***s at the time.

Thanks for the great info. I have a spin cycle leaking SAV5401AWW that I bought (Mistake) about 2 years ago could it be the same problem?

fill the tub with gas and burn that piece of crap.  I've done about fifty seal kits in six months.  Maytag- you stink!