Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
ardenavante

FAV6800AWW Controls Work but no output......

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I just wanted to get a second opinion on this NEPTUNE TL FAV6800AWW. All the push buttons on the console work and all of them light up, door latch locks, and you can put it into any function you want, but when you hit start, nothing happens it just sits there doing nothing in the current cycle. No error codes whatsoever. I tried to service cycle to spin test and it acts like it wants to from the control end, but there doesn't seem to be any output to any of the other systems. My guess is the control board due to non existent output. Anything else I should check? There isn't a leak for the machine. Thanks for your input!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

That has got to be the worst washer that I have ever worked on.. Thank god not many were sold and I have only worked on about 7 of them... That kind of problem someone would have to be there testing it to hard over the internet... Maybe someone else has more experience with then... I have Factory training on that machine but it was years ago...

You have a machine control board and a motor control board in this box. Couple of tests with your meter and we should be able to nail down which one is the bad actor. Do you have the tech sheet/wiring diagram? If so, make a nice scan and email or fax to me: samurai at appliantology.org, 866-315-4504

... Do you have the tech sheet/wiring diagram?

... at S/M , but in Whirlpool :woot:

It was the clutch, it seized due to corrosion........ I lubed it up with some KY and it slid right in.......

I shoulda known-- it's always the clutch in this Rube Goldberg contraption. Here's its next stop:

edde620b.jpg

Insert joke but I wont g there ....

:woot:

Cool machine :)

The poor Tech who busted his hump trying to keep them running should have the opportunity to witness this process with some of them - i can think of a few that I would drive many miles to see.

I want to kick the SOB's that designed that POS right in the nuggets, about 50 times.

Bwa ha ha ha, a few things that go bad with the TL's: clutch, outer tub seal, touchpad, MCB, nuff said.....