Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool dryer won't spin or heat LEQ8621PW0

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rymice

rymice

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ten-Fidy Imperial Porter

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Appliantologists,

My daughter called and said her Whirlpool electric dryer LEQ8621PW0 would spin but was not drying. I pulled the unit from the wall and laid it on its back. Removed the front cover. I did a continuity check on the heater element and it showed open. I unplugged the hi limit thermostat and thermal cut off and removed the heater box with the element. I removed the element from the heater box and verified the coil was defective.

I replaced the element. Reassembled the dryer and when I plugged it in, nothing! No spin or heat. I have 240 VAC at the receptacle. I can hear the timer running when I attempt to run the dryer. I can hear the timer stop when I open the door and restart when the door closes. I have continuity across the thermal fuse contacts. Where do I go from here?

Thanks
Rymice

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man, 06 January 2012 - 03:42 PM.
Increased font size so I could read it!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rymice

rymice

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ten-Fidy Imperial Porter

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Ah, This Is Embarrassing,

just talked to my daughter and she schooled me on how to run the dryer! How was I supposed to know that you have to turn the dryer signal switch to on and push in! Not very intuitive. The dryer is working fine and I’m open to abuse. Thanks

Rymice

#3 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

It appears you have beaten yourself up an appropriate amount already so I will refrain from adding to your slugfest...
I like someone who's not afraid to admit their mistake :)
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,865 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

I pulled the unit from the wall and laid it on its back.

Oy! Never a good idea to do this to an appliance unless the appliance is specifically designed to be serviced this way... and this dryer ain't. So there's no telling what may have happened inside the dryer when it was laid on it's back. You're gonna need to open her up and checking the wiring.

On this one, all's you gotsta do is...

Remove the front kick panel to reveal the bottom retaining screws for the door panel. Now remove the top panel to reveal the top retaining screws for the door panel. Disconnect the wiring harness for the door switch and remove the door panel. Now unstring the belt and remove the drum.

Source ==> http://fixitnow.com/...er-disassembly/

#5 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

I have worked on like 25,000 washers and dryer believe me I have done far dumber things then that LMAO :wallbash:

#6 phydeauxe64

phydeauxe64

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:"Double D" Turbo Coffee

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

I've actually forgot to reconnect the door switch so I feel ya there brother. That's why I live by the K.I.S.S rule!! Keep It Simple Stupid...lol But Hey YOU FIXED IT RIGHT!!!?? GOOD JOB!;)

Edited by phydeauxe64, 08 January 2012 - 12:49 PM.

#7 washertech26

washertech26

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

I can beat you I have replace a pump put it back together again and find it not pumping only to realize I forgot to remove the hose clamp pliers :banghead:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics