Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Thermador PRG304US intermittent burner

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 rafael

rafael

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Thermador PRG304US left rear burner stopped lighting: No gas. Plenty of spark. Then it lights a couple of times, and sometimes dies while turned on, resulting of course in incessant clicking of the sparker....now it pretty much won't turn on....any ideas of where to start? Thanks in advance.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:30 PM

Each Burner Gas "Valve" is a 120v AC Solenoid powered by the Simmer Controller when each SwitchPot Knob is turned.
Do you need the service manual ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

No, gas plenty of spark, Hunh you dont say. I would first, start by asking is this on a burner that has an extra low setting? If so I may have a bit of insight to help you out. I would also suggest that you take Master Reg up on his offer, for the service manual.

Edited by Comstock_Services, 06 January 2012 - 08:30 PM.

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#4 rafael

rafael

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Oh Grandmaster, a service manual would be swell, and CS: It is indeed one of the burners with the extra low setting.

#5 Comstock_Services

Comstock_Services

Wine is fine but Whiskey is quicker

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Tito's Vodka,Shiner Blonde, Shiner Bock

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

ok, when you turn the Left Front burner on, do you hear a click, like a relay closing? You should hear this same click, when you turn the Left Rear burner on, do you hear the click. If not you will likely need a new relay, for the left rear burner. But to be thorough, we gotta check for 120vac to the relay, when you turn the Left Rear burner on. I don't have a break down to show you at this time. Are the control knobs on the front, near your waist, or on the top twards the right?

Insert smart ass remark here____

Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

http://www.mrappliance.com/coastalbend

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

PDR PGR RANGES.pdf
link PM'd

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,711 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Part link to the gas solenoid ==> Part number: AP2828839

Part number: AP2828839

Item 20 below:

Posted Image

#8 rafael

rafael

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Shweet! Nothing like a visit from my honorable master and guru, SARM! Thank you for the diagram, thanks to REGUS for the service manual link, and to Constock: The answer to your inquiring is that the knobs are on the front of the range, at hip level. and when I turn on the offending rear burner I do hear a softer click, but not the louder click I associate with the valve opening, if that makes sense. I have much work to do this weekend, oh honorable sensei.

#9 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

My tried and true method for troubleshooting these XLO beasts...
Requires that at least one of them is working.
Remove the front control panel. See the potentiometers on the valve shaft on each of these xlo valves?
Unplug the unit and reverse the the position of these pot switches (left to right, right to left). Re plug.
Does the problem follow the pot? If so, bad potentiometer....if not, get you one of those valves in the link above.
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics