Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Tom Atkins

Insufficient cooling in Samsung RS2578BB refrigerator section

7 posts in this topic

Hi

We have this Samsung side by side referigerator RS2578BB. About 12 days ago, we returned from a vacation to find a puddle of water under our fridge and that it was off as the breaker switch for the fridge in the electrical panel had tripped. I reset the breaker switch in the electrical panel and it seemed fine since.

2 days ago , we noticed that the fridge side temperature LED was blinking and that the cooling inside the fridge side was insufficient. The freezer is still operating fine.

On forum postings for other Samsung refrigerator, we found a section on doing a "self diagnostics in the normal operation" by pressing Power Freeze and Power Cool together for 8 seconds till we heard a beep. At that point we saw that

Fridge temp 2nd digit's middle horizontal LED was lit.

We would appreciate any help in determining what the problem is.

Thanks

Tom

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... the breaker switch for the fridge in the electrical panel had tripped.

... Fridge temp 2nd digit's middle horizontal LED was lit.

1) is it a GFI Breaker ?

2) REFRIGERATOR DEFROST ERROR

check the Defrost Heaster with an OHM meter

1. The breaker is not a GFI breaker. It is a normal 20Amp breaker.

2. How would I access the Defrost Heater? To check with ohm meter - what would be the working range for ohms reading for a good defrost heater?

Tom

Hi, can you help with the steps on how to get to the defrost heater?

Thanks

Tom

Defrost Heater # 52 may be about 120 OHMs

in the Fridge behind # 28, # 30, # 32

M0612091-00005.png

Hi, to get 28 out , it seems I would also need to remove the Cool Select Zone Drawer. Relating to schematic posted, this drawer is below 24 but above 18 and attached to 28. I already remove the plastic bin that was fitting inside this drawer already. The drawer seems a total unit with its own left, right and rear "walls" and seems drawer itself needs removal to get 28 out.

This drawer has electrical connections (I peaked from above at the back right corner and see wires going into the drawer), as well as additional small vents coming into the top of the drawer.

Would you be able to advise on how to remove this drawer?

Thanks

Tom

Yes, and you'll have to remove the water tank. Here's Le Procedure from Le Manuel:

1. Pull out the screw cap and remove the screw.

2. Remove the lamp cover by unlocking the tabs

and pulling the cover down.

3. Remove the water tank from the evaporator cover

by unscrewing the screws (2).

4. Remove the screws (6) at the evaporator cover

and the two fixed screws of the wire connector

cover.

5. Take off motor and lamp wire connector located

on the upper liner.

6. Remove the duckwork of the evaporator fan.