Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
illpapa2k1

Kenmore washer 110.13212200 making noise and sluggish spin

9 posts in this topic

please can anyone tell me why my washer is making a loud noise while spinning slightly sluggish

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is it a rattling noise,banging noise,clicking noise,scraping noise,2 drunks singing kinda noise or what kinda noise is it makin?

Edited by phydeauxe64

please can anyone tell me why my washer is making a loud noise while spinning slightly sluggish

yes it is a 110! but now that i turn it on again, it makes a noise like an old cruddy oldsmobile trying to start up with a bad fly wheel as the drum spins to the sound of the rythmic bad fly wheel ( this is without a load of clothes or water in it ) by the way i already replaced the drive coupler. i appreciate the reply to my post :thanks:

Is it a rattling noise,banging noise,clicking noise,scraping noise,2 drunks singing kinda noise or what kinda noise is it makin?

yes it is a 110!

Topic title edited.

Oldsmobile huh? Ooh that is bad...lol...Ok then,now that we've narrowed it down,does the basket keep turning after you open the lid and make a grinding sound? If so you may have a drive block that's bad. It's located on top of the basket drive Watch the video

Part number: AP2905773

Part number: AP2905773

Edited by SARM to make the part link affiliate-friendly.

If they drive block is worn you may need a basket drive too.. remove the drive block look at shaft you will see two tits make sure the are rectangles and not one side has what looks like a ramp on it

... remove the drive block look at shaft you will see two tits make sure the are rectangles and not one side has what looks like a ramp on it

1192074127_pAkFh-M.png

... it makes a noise like an old cruddy oldsmobile trying to start up with a bad fly wheel

post YouTube video ?