Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Ultrablast

LG Condenser Dryer not drying as well as it used to

8 posts in this topic

Our LG condenser dryer used to dry a full load on the high temp setting but now takes twice as long. I have checked the following:

Condenser is clean

All air ducts and filters are clean

Water lift pump works

Water piping is clear

Water tank is filling up

Heater is getting hot

Any ideas? Is it possible that the heater is partially faulty?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Post the MODEL and SERIAL numbers.

1 person likes this

Post the MODEL and SERIAL numbers.

Model TD-C70045E. Don't know the serial number - haven't found the plate yet.

LG TD-C70045E

7 kg Condensor dryer

.uk / .za / ect.

lg-dryer-TD-C70045E-3-4view-large.png

LG TD-C70045E 7 kg Condensor dryer .uk / .za / ect. lg-dryer-TD-C70045E-3-4view-large.png

Oss Sensei! Dat's da one!

I've only seen/serviced two of these (model number is different though).

One training seminar *did* have this condensation-type dryer for review/tear-down.

This dryer is one of the very few that LG does *not* manufacture---it's an Italian design. I cannot recall the name of the manufacturer (possibly Merloni).

It is also a very "unfriendly" design to service.

Having inspected the heating element/condenser tray---you'll likely need to begin dis-assembling the dryer to effectively/properly remove lint accumulation.

Not that I regret it---this is one of the few LG branded appliances that I *don't* have much experience with :)

1 person likes this

Thanks for the input. I'll see if I can figure out how to get the top and sides off this weekend and check for lint accumulation as you suggest. I've bought a new thermostat and I'll fit that as the next step.

It has 2 temp settings (high and low) and although we've pushed the high temp button, its behaving as if we'd selected low - i.e. there is definately hot air. Do these things have a 2-stage heater? In other words is there a seperate part of the element that comes on when high temp is selected or does high temp just send more current to the element?