Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Ge Profile Harmony wpgt9350c0pl Will not turn on

GE Washer Power

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Huyin

Huyin

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:51 AM

I have a 2005 Ge Profile Harmony model # wpgt9350c0pl. A week ago I was washing a bathroom rug in it and the washer just stopped working and the tub was still full of water. I tried to turn it on and the touchscreen would flash very dimly and there would be an audible beep, but at a much lower volume than normal. I unplugged the machine for 5 minutes and powered it back on and it worked fine. The next day I tried to do a load of laundry and it would not turn on. I unplugged it again for a 5 minutes and it powered right up and ran fine. After another load it stopped in the middle of the wash, again with a full tub of water. I then unplugged it and plugged it back in just like I had and just finished that load up. Now the washer doesn't power on at all even if I unplug it and plug it back in. I am trying to go into service mode to figure what is wrong with it and unfortunately it will not power on at all. I pulled the backsplash off and checked the main power board and the power led on the board just flashes when I try to power it on. I would appreciate any help since I have a newborn on the way. thank in advance. let me know if you need any more information.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Huyin

Huyin

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:22 PM

Any help is greatly appreciated. I was going to order a new main board unless someone can point me to a better solution. thanks

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,801 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

Hi Huyin, yep, does sound like a bad board. Easy enough to verify with a couple or voltage measurements. If you have voltage going into the board but nuttin' coming out, that would be a bad board. Part link ==> http://www.repaircli...er=WPGT9350C0PL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GE, Washer, Power

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics