Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore Elite (POS), #665.16263401,dishwasher code 7

Code 7 heater

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Marc Blais

Marc Blais

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam Adams Winter Ale

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

So I need advise. I have this Kenmore dishwasher that keeps spitting out a code 7. Does Not happen every wash cycle. I have dismembered the dishwasher. The heater circuit has 13.1 ohms from the connectors at the control panel. The heater element has 13 ohms. This all seems good Right? I verified the thermistor resistance goes down with heat and up when cooling down. What gives?? What else can I look for all mighty warriors? The wife is getting sick of washing the dishes, she wants to go out to eat more to cure this!! Help
Thanks ,
Marc

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:18 PM

http://fixitnow.com/...ks-seven-times/

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

Dishwasher control board is looking for a rise in water temperature but ain't finding it. This can be caused by

1. no water into the dishwasher

2. bad heating circuit

or, what I most commonly find,

3. no water circulating over the heating element because the circulation motor is either jammed or FUBAR.

If you're getting water and the heating circuit checks out, then you need to replace the motor-pump assembly. Part link ==> Circulation Pump and Motor Assembly

And here's how to install it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzWT9laylwo

#4 Marc Blais

Marc Blais

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

Thank you very much. I did forget to add: Many times before we would find the dishwasher done but water is left at the bottom of the unit. Also the unit cleans like crap now. The upper glasses always have gritty gunk left in them, so I totally buy the water circulation problem. Thanks again

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Many times before we would find the dishwasher done but water is left at the bottom of the unit.

This could indicate a drainage problem (unrelated to the water circulation problem) which would involve the drain hose and drain pump. Start a cycle empty and listen closely with your ear at the door. You'll hear it filling with water and you'll hear with the circulation pump starts: you'll either hear the sound of water getting splashed around or you'll hear a low, ominous hum for a few seconds and then silence for a long time.

After you've listened, hit cancel and listen to the draining sounds. Look in the sink at the discharge stream, should be full bore, turbulent, and vigorous. When it's finished, open the door and see how much water is left. Describe here or post a photo.

#6 Marc Blais

Marc Blais

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:37 PM

So as I drink my Magic Hat Black Night Lager I am testing the drainage as you said. The unit fills up ok (the water level just below the heating coil), the circulation pump starts ok and splashes water around. When hitting cancel/drain the water comes out of the discharge as at slow rate but empties the unit completely. I would not describe it as " turbulent or vigorous".

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,632 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:14 AM

When hitting cancel/drain the water comes out of the discharge as at slow rate but empties the unit completely. I would not describe it as " turbulent or vigorous".

You've described a drain restriction/impairment. Pull the drain hose off the pump (behind the toe panel) and blow thru it. If it's clear, then replace the drain pump ==> Drain Pump and Motor

Do the 8 oz. glass test: place upright in upper rack and start an empty cycle. Listen for the water flow to stop and spraying to start. Count 60 Mississippi's and open the door. Glass should be more than halfway full. Do tell.

#8 Marc Blais

Marc Blais

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:19 AM

Well the next little test verified my thought not enough water. You know what that means circulation pump AND drain pump. The silverware rack is also broken. That puts the repair over the 40 percent cost mark. Damnit she gets a new dishwasher. Anything worth buying?I know thats a double sided question. I own a vehicle repair shop and experience many vehicles. EVERY make has problems but some more than others.

Thanks for all the help!!

#9 telefunkenu47

telefunkenu47

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

spent the money and buy the bosch.
Even root canal is easy...if you're a dentist...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics