- No changes to the surrounding environment (doors into the room the same, no ventilation changes, no new gas appliances in use)
- The thermocouple produces 24mv and the connection is clean where it screws into the gas valve. The pilot will hold after 6 seconds of heating and may go a whole day without issue.
- I pulled the pilot and thermocouple assembly and cleaned them good. No obvious damage. I blew out gas line with HP air to the extent possible through that tiny hole.
- I verified that while the furnace is running a few feet away that the hot water heater exhaust still draws smoke up the exhaust piping very strongly.
- Unit has never had any water damage due to flooding, backed up pipes, etc.
- The burner unit fins show some signs of cracking at the ends but I would not say they are bad and there was not a lot of debris on the bottom of the unit.
- The photos show the heater specs and the gas control valve specs.
- The wife unit is tired of cold morning showers and may replace the husband unit if not fixed soon.
Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:46 PM
Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:21 PM
Edited by Bullstok, 15 January 2012 - 10:45 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users