Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

KitchenAid KUDIO1ILBS6 Dishwasher Upper Rack not cleaning well

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 faaet

faaet

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:10 PM

Recently we have noticed anything that has the least amount of food on it will not come clean when placed in the upper tray. The glassware appears to be clean when removed. I have opened the door during a cycle to verify the upper arm is rotating. The latest thing to not come clean was a bowl with creamed potatoe residue that was still soft when the cycle started. The wife is threatening to buy a new unit if I do not get this working soon. Any ideas would be appreciated. BigT

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

http://appliantology...&AlbumKey=d4CwM
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 faaet

faaet

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the link kdog. I took the pump and all of its associated hardware out. All of the screens are clean and the tubes are not blocked. Since the pump drives the lower and upper arms, could my issue possibly be the pump pressure output has fallen, and the upper arm just does not get enough pressure to clean? Thanks again.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,605 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

Did you remove the mascerator cover and turn the motor shaft? That's a good check because often in problems like this, the motor shaft won't turn due to bad bearings.

If that's good, then do the 8 oz glass test:

Right side up in the upper rack, start a cycle (empty, no detergent), listen for when the water stops then time 60 seconds. Open door, glass should be more than halfway full. If not, there's still a water circ problem. Remove and check water supply tube for upper spray arm for obstructions. Probably won't find anything. In which case, replace the motor-pump assembly.

Part link ==> Circulation Pump And Motor Assembly

And how to do it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics