Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Perplexing Electrosux Refrigerator Model # EI26SS55GS0 Serial # 4A90606401 Replacement Main Control Board defective or wrong part in the right box

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:25 AM

Ok, went out on the above refrigerator for a no cool complaint. Upon arrival I find freezer evaporator completely frosted up. I run diagnostics and find the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat working, I called the tech line and they say I need the main control board located behind the grille in the bottom of the unit near the condenser, All of the part look ups point to a 5303918523 which is a substitution for the original board. I follow the installation instructions and now I have a wire harness left over, I then plug in the refrigerator and absolutely nothing happens, no lights, no anything. So, either I got the wrong part in the right box, or a defective part. I hope Burnt Toast reads this since he is the Electrolux expert.
Scott Wolf

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:37 PM

If that is the correct model number....I got P/N/7241757001 ... but when I run that part number no such thing but by accident I re ran the number and forgot the 1 at the end and a new number came up. P/N 5303918558 ( replacement for P/N 7241757002 ) called a power board................hummmm. Going to look at Part Advantage for a picture of the part numbers for a look see.............. P/N 5303918523 is listed as a BOARD....SWITCH...... Boards located under the units, Power board removed from the front.... But I digress, stick with a professional..... Burnt toast will be the better one than my blathering....

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

Frigidaire EI26SS55Gm Parts manual lists

R/C says: The manufacturer has replaced part number
with this item, part number

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 RussTech

RussTech

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Heineken

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

http://www.emaservic...Temp_Drawer.pdf

It's a huge file, so please be patient while it loads.

When I look at the board in the manual you linked too way way back in oct. It looks drastically different from this board.

Does the board in the pic look like the replacement board you have?
http://www.repaircli...mber=7241757001
came with all the wiring harnesses and everything?
Posted Image

This should be your original board below right?
Posted Image

I think you got a bad board out of the box myself.

Edited by RussTech, 15 January 2012 - 11:51 PM.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:16 AM

Yes, the replacement board I got looks exactly like the picture above, and the old board looks exactly like next picture. I followed the instructions exactly, and nothing, no lights or anything. So I also think I got a bad board out of the box.

I also got a call into engineering at Electrolux, they have received numerous complaints about this board being in one of the worst places, right near the condenser coils and that most technicians have to stand on their head to replace this board. In future models, the board might get moved to the back of the refrigerator or ontop of the units like the General Electric refrigerators.
Scott Wolf

#6 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Update, the replacement board was defective, re-ordered and the replacement board was not compatible with the user interface (display board), had to order the display board, only to find out the hard way you have to hold both the up and down keys on the fresh food temperature adjustment to actually start the unit up.

On top of it all, I also had a defective evaporator fan, had to replace that as well. Now the unit is finally working like it is supposed to, $500.00 later. Customer is going to write a nasty letter to Electrolux about having to put $500 in repairs on a refrigerator that is only about 2 years old.

Electrolux tech line didn't even know how to "boot up" the unit to actually start it. I found that out on my own by trial and error.

I hope none of you get this refrigerator!
Scott Wolf

#7 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

The board did not come with boot instructions?

#8 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:36 PM

No, no boot up or programming instructions with the new boards, very typical of Frigidaire/Electrolux. The tech line doesn't even know how to program or boot up the new boards. Just like the icemakers in the new Electrolux French door refrigerators, I think they keep revising the control boards without telling the tech line what's going on.
Scott Wolf

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

... Electrolux tech line didn't even know how to "boot up" the unit

Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#10 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

That's a picture of their switchboard geared up to handle the incoming complaint calls on those P.O.S. fridges (in Guatemala)
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics