Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Washing machine won't kick into high speed spin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sdnething

sdnething

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

I need some help!

I have a front load, direct drive off brand washing machine. It works in spin only when it feels

like it, sometimes I have to manually push the machine to get it to kick in. I have checked the

lid switch, ohm testing was good, the coupler also is in great condition. The machine is less then

1 yr old, could this be the brakes or gearbox??? Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

[user=489]sdnething[/user] wrote:

I have a front load, direct drive off brand washing machine. It works in spin only when it feels

Even off-brands have a brand name and model number.  What is it? 

Never seen a direct drive front loader, this should be interesting.  :groucho:

#3 sdnething

sdnething

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:30 AM

So so sorry I meant top load,  but we bought this machine from a warehouse direct for cheap

cheap price, there is no name on the machine! I did find inside the lid where it does say

pocelain on steel wash basket  sm 9711031. It is a heavy duty 2 spped motor/ 3 speed

combination.????

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Ok, we're flying blind on this one. You're gonna have to determine whether this is an electrical (control) problem or a mechanical problem. I'd start by checking the coupling device between the motor and transmission. Some washers use a belt for this, others use a beltless coupling device. Open it up and take some pictures so we can check it out.

#5 sdnething

sdnething

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

I had it apart on Saturday and the coupler looked good all of the rubber was intect no worn marks

at all, I will pull it apart again and snap some pictures to download. It did run great yesterday 3 out

of 4 loads. Only one load out of the 4 were still dripping wet, that is what is so confusing for me.

Why would it work at times and not at other times. There was no belt on the machine that I could

when I had it apart on Saturday.

I do really appreciate your help,

ps single mom who trys her best with the tools she is given!

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,255 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:47 AM

Ok, glad to help. I'll wait for the pictures before commenting further.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics