Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

fisher paykel gwl15 washer it will wash fine when it gets to the rinse cycle it stops code reads #37

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:04 AM

i have replaced the pump worked great for 2 loads now it wont go into rinse cycle again the code is #37

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Iced tea with a spike of earl grey

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Why'd you replace the pump, what was the evidence it needed replacement?

For a better diagnostic, you need to observe the operation. The lid locks, so a way around it is to raise the entire top with the lid remaining closed/locked. Open the lid, carefully pry out the lid bumpers at the front corners, remove the screws beneath. Close the lid, start a Regular cycle (no detergent needed). Raise the top and watch the progress to the point the fault occurs.

It should fill a little while the basket rotates at 25 RPM. Then fill will stop, the pump turns on and water recirculates/showers into the basket via the recirculation port at top right/rear of the tub. A little more water may fill in via the fill flume to "top-off" the recirculation level.

Recirculation stops after a few mins and it fills rest of the way (to either an auto-sensed water level or whatever manual level you select) for an agitated wash. You can let it auto-sense for the test run, or select Low directly.

At end of the agitated wash, the water should drain and it proceeds into the spin, shower rinse, and final spin sequences. If any water recirculates back into the tub during the drain period after agitated wash, then you have a clogged or bad diverter valve, not a bad pump.

#3 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

now it will not drain at all in any cycle it never takes any water out and the new diagnosis code shows the first 4 lights are on it no longer is showing code #37

#4 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

if it isn't too full: unplug it and lean it back to gently see it you can turn the pump fan by hand. If not something is blocking it. Common on this machine. Drain it all the way, drop the pump and take a look. For peace of mind I often pull the basket out and look for anything that is under the basket waiting to ruin your day.

#5 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

we pulled pump all clear pulled diverter valve all clear in all hoses how do i go about pulling basket is that the tub?

#6 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:47 PM

The basket is the stainless steel container inside the tub. Also referred to as the "bowl" in F&P service material.

Disconnect power, and maybe also the water hoses. Remove the lid, lid bumpers, and two screws. Raise the top, have a helper hold it up while you work. Unclip the bias spring from the left-front suspension strut. Unclip the ring/cover atop the tub and remove it. Pull the softener dispenser, unscrew the wingnut down inside and take out the agitator. The basket now should simply lift off the drive shaft and out of the tub. There's a cover in the tub sump over the drain/pump outlet, could be it's clogged.

Don't be concerned by the sound/feel of water sloshing inside the basket, it has gyroscopic balance rings at the top and bottom that are partially filled with water and sealed. Outside of the basket is sharp where the perfs are punched through from inside.

Don't forget to reattach the bias spring to the suspension strut when reassembling.

If the basket is ornery to come out, removing the three screws and basket hub piece may help. Pay attention how the inner cog and hub cover are arranged ... common mistake to reassemble them wrong.

#7 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

ok basket off all cleaned out in there still no draining

#8 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:06 AM

Basic question: Does the pump run?

#9 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:44 PM

no i do not her anything
the new pump came with a fuse which we have also checkeked and it is fine the pump spins free when i spin it also like i said the diagnostic code now comes up the red light and first 3 green lights it is no longer reading code 37

#10 DADoESTX

DADoESTX

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

Try running the pump via Diagnostic Mode to confirm it doesn't work, and/or check for voltage at the pump terminals when it should be running. No voltage = either bad wiring harness (trouble with splicing in the fuse?), or a bad controller board ... or I suppose a bum new pump.

#11 wbdriver32

wbdriver32

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

ok washer fixed it was broken wire to the pimp thsnk you so much for walking me through i never would have figured it out you couldnt see that it was broken but no volts on one side of the plug that conects to pump again thank you for all your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics