Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

washerhelpamana

Amana washer ALW880QAW. How do I pull up the agitator? This female hasn't the muscle

7 posts in this topic

I have an amana washer model ALW880QAW. After looking on the internet, youtube videos calling whirlpool and amana I find out that my agitator will "simply" pull off the drive block/bell. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Block-or-Bell/R9900189/768605?modelNumber=ALW880QAW. It is one of the few that doesn't need a long neck socket.

The agitator can be seen here http://www.appliancepartspros.com/Appliance-Parts/whirlpool-agit--flex-vane-item-number-ap4048106.aspx

Well I do NOT have hooks to remove the agitator as one web site suggested and I've been trying to pull up on it and I can't separate them. It there a special technique in the lifting? Do I left with 2 hands opposite one another? Do I lift only in one spot? It will not budge!

Thanks for any ideas.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Place a strong leather belt under the agitator and pull up.

WATCH YOUR FACE WHEN IT COMES LOOSE.

clever idea - I'm heading to the basement now and will update

I love the idea but no go. I pulling up holding both ends. I even tried bucking the belt and pulling up. It will not move.

With the belt under the agitator and hooked together,place a pry bar inside the belt and pry up.

OR a 2x4

Line the belt up with opposite vanes on the agitator.