Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile: WCVH6260FWW - Doesnt spin fast?

WCVH6260FWW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RichTJ99

RichTJ99

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:31 PM

Hi,

I have the GE Profile: WCVH6260FWW washing machine that was made in 9/2005. I had a service contract for a few years & that has expired (of course). So my clothing has not been getting spun (spinned) fast enough to get the water out to put into the dryer.

These have been my steps so far:

Error codes:
E22
E60
E70

I did a spin test & it does spin up to 999 rpm in the test mode. During a actual cycle it spins (I would estimate) at around 400rpm. Not fast enough to actually get the clothing dried enough to put into the dryer (to wet & heavy).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

Edited by RichTJ99, 16 January 2012 - 02:38 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:48 PM

have those Error Codes ever been "cleared" ?
E60 may be the casue of your high-speed Spin problem

E22 Fill timeout - No fill / slow fill
Fill time exceeds 8 minutes.
Ensure manual water supply valves are fully open.
Inspect inlet hoses for kinks/obstructions.
Inspect water valve screens for restriction.
Check water valve functions - t08 for hot water, t09 for cold water.
If above steps do not clear the problem replace solenoid water valve.

E60 Door lock switch failure
Switch failure occurs during lock.
Power down (unplug) machine, wait 30 seconds and retry.
Check wiring and connections between door lock and main control.
Check door lock switches and solenoid.
Replace main control if wiring, switches, and solenoid test functional.

E70 Stuck key Continuous key read for 60 seconds.
Power down (unplug) machine, wait 30 seconds and retry.
Use t04 test to test keys.
Separate control and control housing from front panel - clean and remove foreign debris.
Ensure all keys can be operated freely without sticking.
Replace control panel if actions do not resolve.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

What kind of floor is this washer on? Excessive vibration or movement will cause the program to "hunt" for a stable spin speed and wont take it to high speed spin until it does.

#4 RichTJ99

RichTJ99

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hi,

I just cleared the error codes & am running a 38 minute speed wash to see how it works out.

The washer is sitting on the stand that you can buy with the machine. That is sitting on my concrete floor in the laundry room. It definatly vibrates alot at 999rpm & always has for the last 6+ years I have owned the machine.

The last time the service tech was out, he left a new circuit board - he thought he had to use it, then he didnt use it. I tried to replace it today as a troubleshooting step.

Unfortunately when I had it all plugged back in, the LCD/LED screen did not light up at all. It did beep (when buttons were pressed) & was powered but I was unable to try the replacement board. I swapped the original board back in & it was working properly.

Again, the spin cycle works fine during the test modes (both spin tests). Its just during a cycle it doesnt spin at speed (strange).

The other thing I wanted to mention, is the machine has a 'trap' that unscrews on the front of the unit (when you take some of the metal panel off). Typically I clean it out every few months as my kids like to keep coins & other small objects that go in the laundry, get trapped in the trap & I usually can tell because my laundry isnt dry (due to it being clogged).

I have noticed that after a load, the trap, while it doesnt have anything in it that would cause it to hold water, is full of water. Almost like its not draining out.

I wonder what thats about?

Thanks,
Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics