Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG WM2277HS, Washer, "LE" Error, NEED HALL SENSOR RESISTANCE, requesting sage wisdom

lg washer le error hall sensor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jnati

jnati

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Trois Pistoles

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've got the dreaded LE error. It starts up and will do about a 1/5 spin, then give an electrical buzzing sound, then try the other direction and do the same.

I NEED to know what the resistance reading in OHMS should be for the Hall Sensor attached to the stator. The resistance reads a steady 7.5OHMS on all 3 combinations of the connection (female; red-yellow-blue plug) to the Stator, and the proper range is 5-15 Ohms, so the stator is fine.

I've checked my wiring harnesses, and no cuts tear or breaks, and the 3 wire RYB reads 0 Ohms resistance when UNPLUGGED from the PWB. So I don't think it's the wires.

My fear is that my problem now lies within the PWB, because I thought I was supposed to get 0 Ohms resistance from the Male 3 wire; red-yellow-blue plug, and I get 11 Ohms, 13 Ohms, 13Ohms resistance on that male end that goes to the stator, and I get the same directly on the 3 connections RYB (pink housing) on the PWB. PLease tell me if this is right or wrong reading.

I would love for this to be the Hall sensor, and not the PWB, but I'm not holding my breath. But, how could the pcb connections just go bad all of the sudden when all connections are sealed in that goo? Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Jimmy

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,163 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

Got a whole page of hall sensor gootness just aching for the sweet caress of your engorged and tingling eyeballs ==> How to test the Hall Sensor in an LG front-loading washer

If you want to gain insight into how this problem arises and how to prevent it, here's your reading assignment ==> The Dreaded LE Error Code in LG Washing Machines: Diagnosis / Troubleshooting, Root Causes, and Repair

Part link for the hall sensor ==> Rotor Position Sensor

And how to replace it...

#3 jnati

jnati

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

Thank you. I don't know what I would do without forums. This might top my Triumph motorcycle forum views for a while.

#4 jnati

jnati

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:16 PM

damn Hall Sensor. Totally fixed it for $23. Thanks for the help!
Now on to the Fisher & Paykel double oven, where one of them only goes up to 320' and stops....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics