Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigwill50

Tappan Tgf363aud oven does not turn on....

2 posts in this topic

Here's my problem, I have Tappan stove model number Tgf363aud and the oven does not turn on. My first impression, was that the ignitor went bad so I replaced it and nothing happened not even a glow. Just to make sure the ignitor was working i bypass the gas valve by jumping it and wawla the ignitor bar turned orange. So im thinking that the gas valve went bad causing the oven not to turn on. What do you guys think before i go by this expensive part that i probaly dont need.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... i bypass the gas valve by jumping it and wawla the ignitor bar turned orange

It's not a good idea to test anything with bypassing.

It's better to test using a meter for volts or OHMs.

The Ignitor and the Gas Valve are in series.

Normally the Ignitor receives 117v and the Gas Valve receives 3v.

If you bypass certain parts (the Ignitor), you'd be putting 120v on the gas Valve and ruin it instantly.

yes, bad Gas Valve

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=106

Oven-Safety-Valve-5303208499-00555610.jp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0