Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE washer (WCXR1070T5WW)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:32 AM

I have to replace all 4 dampening straps of my GE Washer (Model # WCXR1070T5WW). I have removed the front panel but not able to find anyway to open the top of the washer. I have tried all the possible ways I can think of. I don't any screw/nut to open also. I thought I could open the top by removing the control panel but unfortunately, can't open it either. The screws visible on the back of the control panel but don't know what kind of screw driver required to open them.

Any help in this regard would be hightly appreciated.

Thanks

AJ

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 April 2005 - 05:40 AM

Here's a parts diagram:

Posted Image

See that piece,p #385?  Unscrew those brackets and the top panel flips back.  Piece of pie, comrade!

#3 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:06 AM

Thanks a lot for prompt response.

I was thinking that I will have to to remove L-Strip (part Ref# 384, 385) to remove top panel. I am not which type of spanner is required to remove the nut which is hlodling the this L-Strip. I have tried my tool set, none of them fit there to unscrew the the nut. The plier has also done nothing but damaged the nut.  Can please provide some guidence?

Thanks again

AJ

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 06:26 AM

Do they look like this:

Posted Image

Those are torx screws.  Go to the hardware store and buy a torx driver set.  Inexpensive.

#5 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:08 AM

No, it doesn't look like anyone of them in the picture. It has hexagonal head and but the tail looks like a screw (pointed end). But none of my spanner fits into that. There doesn't seems to be any bolt on the other side.  

#6 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:03 AM

You are going to need the following tools to perform this job.

1/4 inch nut driver

5/16 inch nut driver

Torx T-20 driver (for the top panel)

Any cheap driver set should have all these.  When you get the proper tools write back and we'll help you further.

#7 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:31 AM

Thanks a lot for your help... I am going to go to get these tools. I need the Torex driver set; others I have. I will let you know if I was able to fix the washer or I need some more help.

Thanks once again.

AJ

#8 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

Thanks a lot to "Samurai Appliance Repair Man" and "Jedi Appliance Guy". Once you guys poited me to right direction and I had the right tools, it was so easy to replace the dampening straps.

You are the men...Thanks a lot again...

AJ

#9 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

Hey Sensei,

This would be a good place for the beer fund plug.:)

#10 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,636 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:11 PM

This would be a good place for the beer fund plug

What beer fundPosted Image

Oh, you mean THAT beer fund!  Yes, indeed!

#11 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:23 PM

First I didn't understand what was meant by "Beer Fund"...I will be more than happy to make contribution. But it will be only through snail-mail -- I would be sending MO to you.

Another request, I have made another posting for some more help. Hope, I will able to resolve that problem too on your site.

#12 margaret

margaret

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:59 AM

To replace the stabilizing bands on the washing machine tub, do I need to remove the front panel before being able to remove the top?  If so, how do I do this?  I see no access to remove the front cover of the washing machine.  Also, what tools do I need to do this?  I have GE profile model WPSQ3120T8WW.  thanks.

#13 help_me

help_me

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:20 AM

If your top load washine machine has similar design as ours, you should able to remove the front panel by depressing the lock clips located on top left & right corners of the front panel just under the top. These lock clips are not visible and may be 3 to 4 inches inside from the corners. Refere the diagram shown earlier in one of the posts in this thread. You should able to get the diagram for model of your  washing machine from GE site too, I think. You can use putty knife or similar tool to depress the lock clips to open the front panel. Once the front panel is out, you can try opening the top. Again, if you have the model similar to ours, you would need the tools mentioned earlier in this thread.

Disclaimer: I had opened the washing machine first time in my life with the help of Appliantologist in this forum...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics