Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

ASKO W6903 Washer Drum Bearings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:george killian (Irish Red)

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

Okay, so it's a rainy sunday in california and I'm (actually Jazz, I'm his wife and I think I got dissed by Samurai during a chat where I was pretending to be Jazz, just act like it's Jazz talking) having an affair with a job that has me stumped. I've changed out the bearings and the v-ring cassette. First time with an ASKO, and didn't love it. Anyway, the drum shaft did not have a spacer on it but one was sent with the v-ring cassette. The instructions that came with it said to not use the spacer "with long shaft housing and cylinder with aluminum carrier". Not knowing the difference from one machine of theirs to the next, I decided it probably shouldn't be used since it wasn't present when I took the thing apart. Bottom line, I put the whole lovely thing back together only to find that the shaft slides in about 1/16" when the drum spins causing the pulley to rub against the crossbar.

With my confessions having been made, HELP ME MR. WIZARD... I MEAN SAMURAI. I want my husband back!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

This job is fraught with peril and there are any number of things that couldn't gone wrong. Which service manual was he using when he did this repair? Did he re-install the wavy washer?

#3 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

He was using the w600 because the w6900 gave no details. The biggest question is was the rubber ring suppose to be on the shaft. Since it wasn't there when he started he was assuming not. Maybe even bigger is does it matter? The wavy ring was in place.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:18 PM

If it was a rubber ring, it may have been there originally but got worn off... which may have created, contributed, or resulted from the condition that required the repair he did (or is doing).

#5 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Must have been worn off or removed previously...we were called after others had been to the home. I guess he'll just have to take that thing back apart and slip on the rubber to see if that fixes the wench. Much Thnx

#6 4everJAZZ

4everJAZZ

Sōhei

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:19 AM

OK...itz REALLY me (Jazz) this time. (back from band rehearsal), and... Thanx to my lovely wife (and "wanna be me")...I read all your notes and suggestionz-iz...I took it apart (again...), tried using the O ring and now I got 'less' space at the rear then before. no room at all for the thrower ring. It appears that the real problem is at the V Ring Cassette (I think). It seems that the v ring cassette does not seat deep enough in its enclosure and because it's not flush against the drum, the shaft doesn't stick far enough outside the rear bearing, for the thrower ring to stay on. then the pulley sinks in rubbing against the crossbars. My question, then, is the v ring cassette supposed to be flush with the wall of the outer drum, becauser right now it sticks out about 1/4 inch or a little more......

That's MY theory...Now...What the REAL story is, i'm anxious to know.
Obee Juan..You're my only hope... :teehee:

Edited by 4everJAZZ, 23 January 2012 - 05:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics