Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Why do we stand for this?

Wake up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

How are these stores and manufacturers getting away with charging the same price for a dryer as the washer? There may be some justification on the low price entry level machines, but not on the newer design high efficiency machines most people purchace.The washer is far more complex, has many more parts, it weighs much more, the chassis has to be much stronger, and you know the cost to design and produce the washer far exceed those of a dryer. I see ads for front load sets that want $1200 each for the washer and dryer.

Lets face it, you are being robbed on the dryer. That $1200 dryer probably cost less that half as much as the washer to manufacture, I bet they built it for less than $400.

And $250 or more for the stands....
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:34 AM

it started a few years ago...
Dryers were cheaper,..
but then either they figured buyers would pay the higher price to get a matching Dryer,
OR they off-set the rising production cost of the Washer by increasing the Dryer selling cost

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:09 AM

http://www.clotheslineshop.com/

#4 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:28 AM

I'm drinkin' that Kool-Aid ! Use mine all the time, heck got some hanging outside now they dry great even in winter. Ain't no rollers and Element gonna wear out on my watch.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#5 SANTA

SANTA

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Windsor/Molson

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:57 AM

One word of caution, If there's a woman of the house make sure you don't have any "panty thief" neighbors. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by SANTA, 24 January 2012 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics