Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

plwcdi

LG Wm2277HW Washer won't turn on!

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

From what I can see You guys must be experts on Lg Washers now with all the problems they have. Mine is a 2003 model LG Wm2277HW. I sure do appreciate any help anyone could give to repair this unit. So we were doing a load of laudry, mid cycle when the unit tripped the breaker. I unplugged the unit,resrt breaker wait 30 min then plugged it back in. Washer would not turn on. Some history... Every few loads the code LE would come on and I would unplug wait 30 min. plug back in and it was fine for a few loads. What I have done so far; I saw a video from repair clinic on how to take unit apart. Outlet has 120v. Then checked to see if I had power in unit where cord meets unit. Yes there is power.(Unplugged unit). I opened PMB and looked for any burned spots, none. At this point I dont know what to do. Cant any one help?

Thanks,

Plwcdi

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

<<<we were doing a load of laudry, mid cycle when the unit tripped the breaker>>>

House/Home Fusebox Breaker or Wall Outlet GFCI Breaker?

<<<I unplugged the unit,resrt breaker wait 30 min then plugged it back in. Washer would not turn on>>>

Verify that the outlet has 120 volts AC by either plugging something else in that outlet or using a TEST METER.

If the wall outlet has 120 volts---verify that the NOISE SUPPRESSION FILTER has 120 volts coming from the **pink** connector (on the NSF---not the pink plug that goes into the NSF).

If 120 volts is verified at the NSF---replace the MAIN BOARD.

<<<Every few loads the code LE would come on and I would unplug wait 30 min. plug back in and it was fine for a few loads.>>>

Triggered by incorrect (non-HE) type of laundry detergent or too much of the correct (HE/High Efficiency) detergent.

With LG WM2277 washers---ALWAYS---order parts by providing both the MODEL & SERIAL NUMBERS---to ensure getting the *correct* replacement parts.

Edited by john63

Thank you John for your reply! I'll check it tonight.

OK, I have 120 volts verified at the NSF-- I guess i need to replace the MAIN BOARD.

Just one more question-- I know the Model number, Were are the SERIAL NUMBERS? ---to ensure getting the *correct* replacement parts.

Is it the Capacitors which were out? any thoughts?

OK found: Model # Wm2277HW

Serial # 403KW-01184

Can you direct me to right part?

Thanks