Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Troubleshooting a buzzing Kenmore elite dishwasher, 665.13753K602

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ben Stiles

Ben Stiles

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

Hi!

I've stumbled across your forums, and hopefully someone here can help me out.

I've got a 5-ish year old Kenmore elite dishwasher, model 66513753K602. A couple of days ago, it suddenly started buzzing very loudly during a cycle. I quickly cancelled the cycle- and then started looking into the problem. There was a technical service document nicely attached to the inside of the base plate, and after reading that for a bit, I found that there was a built-in diagnostic routine that I could run. (There's an online copy of the document too: I found it here: http://www.mediafire...tgbjjrc2fjcsf18 ). During the diagnostic run, it turns out that the buzzing happens during step 12- and 12 only- and that the only load that's applied during this step and this step only is the detergent/rinse aid dispenser. I took off the door cover, unplugged the dispenser, and ran the diagnostic routine again- and voila, the buzzing was gone.

So, it seems that either the dispenser itself is bad, or the relay that controls the sensor is bad. The resistance at the solenoid on the dispenser is supposed to be between 280-330 ohms, and it tests at 283, so that looks ok. In addition, the door of the detergent dispenser seems to open ok as well- so I'm not sure what the buzzing is. I can't speak to the function of the rinse-aid dispenser, since I never use that.

I suppose I could just replace the dispenser module and see if that fixes it, but I'd rather determine if there's some other underlying problem with the electronics before I start throwing money at it.

Thanks for any help!
Ben.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ben Stiles

Ben Stiles

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

Forgot to mention- the replacement p/n for the dispenser is W10224429.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

It's that solenoid in the dispenser that's making all that racket. It's common for solenoids to start buzzing as they get older. Just replace the dispenser assembly, all good ==> http://www.repaircli...0224429/1515191

#4 Ben Stiles

Ben Stiles

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

Replaced and working great!

Thanks.

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,061 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Domo for letting us know! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics