Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag MVWC7ESWW Washing Machine not filling

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JTK13601

JTK13601

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:21 PM

I have a used Maytag MVWC7ESWW Washing Machine that I picked up for free. The previous owner said it wasn't filling on any cycle. She told me a local appliance repair shop told her it was the inlet valves. I opened the washer up, removed the valves and applied power directly to them, while hooked to the water lines, they both worked fine. I was told it could be the load sensing switch or the flow meter. Is there a way to test either of them and does that sound like the problem? Everything else works fine, it just will not fill on any cycle for wash or rinse.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 JTK13601

JTK13601

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Grand Master Funk, thank you for repling back. I tested the voltage going into the ATC switch, the gray molex plug read 1.5V, the other plug ran between 0.1V and 0.5V

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

You didn't mention if it starts to Agitate without Water ?
if yes, then bad Load Switch
http://www.repaircli...R=154&N=1549115

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 JTK13601

JTK13601

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I'm sorry, I forgot to test that, let me go check and I'll let you know

#5 JTK13601

JTK13601

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

Yes it agitates with no water in it, so thank you for the help

#6 Wheaties

Wheaties

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:59 AM

JTK13601,

When you get the new switch, would you please post the "REV" letter printed on the back of the switch? I'm curious if the revision has changed recently.

Thanks!

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

I received this message from the Whirlpool Oracle:

Morning!! It looks like you probably have it nailed without me. On those switches,,,,,,, they suck. It's all about the inputs. The switch is getting inputs from the timer telling it when to fill. If the inputs are there, and no power out of the switch.................................bad switch. The only thing I alwasy have them do is ohm out the coils to make sure nothing popped it and pull the press. hose off the switch to eliminate it as an issue . And of course, the inputs from the timer is what people forget including our techline.

Whirlpool Techline rocks! :rocker:

#8 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:26 AM

Ah the dreaded load sensing switch, I have one on my kitchen table that I just pulled out of the bottom of my toolbag from last week.

REV E and it was dead. I'll try to look at what is in my truck this week and see what rev they are at now. "E" means at least 5 attempts to get it right and still trying, must be nice to fail at fixing a part 5 times and not be fired.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics