Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Viking Professional VGIC3074BSS Spark Module Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ga.martin@videotron.ca

ga.martin@videotron.ca

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi all:

Recently all 4 ingnitors started sparking continuously. It would appear that a new spark module is required (based on other searches on the internet).

Question is, while waiting for said module to show up, is there a way to disconnect the spark module so that I can still use the oven, while lighting the burners manually?

Also, how exactly does one gain access to the wiring under the cooktop? Unscrewing the 4 screws on the faceplate does not seem to amount to much.

Thanks in advance

Garth

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Do not see too many Vikings, but, did you check the ignition switches at the fuel valves??? Most gas systems have the ignition switches in series,...... Generically speaking............. I.E. Turn one on and all spark, forget to turn one off, they all spark....... A failed switch in the 'off' position, ( but a closed circuit ), all ignitors spark...... Hopefully, a more informed Viking tech. will enlighten you...............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics