GE Profile Advantium Microwave SCA2001 won't heat etc.
Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:35 PM
There is little guidance on the problem and it's solution.
1. This is a Microwave designed by attorneys, lots of attorneys. Even the software in the recipes gives you legalese pronouncements such as, "plate is hot" or "only use authorized plate".
Too bad they couldn't put diagnostic messages in like "door switch error, buy one for $5".
2. Since there is an overabundance of protection in the system, there are actually THREE door switches.
3. It appears that the upper door switch is exposed to unshielded emissions from the microwave horn and is prone to burn out over time (just after the warranty expires usually).
4. The first picture is a view into the cabinet behind the control panel. The upper door safety switch is visiblly burned and the tang insulator is even blackened. To get inside the cabinet a. Unplug the unit at the wall socket, b.remove two screws from the top of the black plastic louvers at the top of the cabinet (you may have to open any cabinet doors above the unit) then remove the black plastic louver. c. remove the single stainless steel screw revealed at the top of the controlo panel, then tilt out the top of the panel and pull out the two plastic tabs at the bottom of the panel which fit into two slots.
5. Examine the safety switches and connectors for signs of burning.
6. If no visible burning, Remove the switches and check them for continuity with an ohmmeter. The switches should be closed when the button is pushed.
7. Use the part number molded into the side of the switch body to order a replacement or see the parts listing linked to this site.
CabinetViewb.jpg 198.89KB 13 downloads
- Samurai Appliance Repair Man likes this
Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:26 PM
One of then is designed to actually short across the the incoming power line and blow the internal Fuse
IF one or the other Door Switches dosn't "toggle" in the correct sequence.
Do you need the Service Manual
one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”
every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962
RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users